I AM HOME FROM VACATION!!!
Oh it is very good to be home! Vacation was lovely but I am tired and my stuff is here, you know?
Guess what else.
And today, I am going to show you one of my characters from LASER.
This is Riley Jeanine Fisher.
Personally, Riley is one of my favorite characters. She recently earned her own POV in LASER. Describing her in one sentence:
On to the questions!
1. What’s their favourite ice cream flavour?
Coffee ice cream. Because who doesn’t like coffee ice cream?
The other flavor I think Riley would love would be bubblegum ice cream. To which I gag and tell her to go share it with the coffee ice cream haters.
2. Your character is getting ready for a night out. Where are they going? What are they wearing? Who will they be with?
Riley is probably going to a movie. She’s probably going to go see whatever the new Marvel or Pixar movie is at the time. What she wears depends on who else is going, but only a bit. If she’s going with just Isabella or all her friends, she’s be a little bit more casual– jeans, t-shirt, pink-camo jacket, light makeup. If she’s going with just Gavin (boyfriend), then she’ll probably dress up just a tad more.
3. Look at your character’s feet. Describe what you see there. Do they wear dress shoes, gym shoes, or none at all? Are they in socks that are ratty and full of holes? What do they consider comfortable and what do they consider agony?
Around the house, pink, glitter-y socks. At school, flats (because school uniform). At LASER HQ, combat boots. Heels pretty much the rest of the time. But not four-inch high skinny heels that make one question “how do you even walk in that??”. That is agony. Also, agony is pinch-y shoes. Never sacrifice comfort for cute!
4. Do they have any birthmark or scars? Where are they and how did they get them?
She has a small scar on her left hand. First day of LASER apprenticeship, cut her hand on a sword (it was embarrassing to say the least.)
5. What kind of music do they listen to? Does it change depending on their mood or is it always consistent? (Feel free to share samples!)
Riley listens to Taylor Swift, I’m certain. I don’t know how she wouldn’t.
She also likes this song:
6. Do they have any musical talent? Play an instrument? How’s their singing voice?
Hmm… Riley is one of those people who can’t really sing but sings anyway. Like me.
As for a musical instrument, I think she took piano lessons, but then stopped playing when the lessons stopped.
7. What kind of book would you catch them reading?
Um… Contemporary YA, I think. I don’t know if she’d read fantasy or not. (This is a struggle I have with all my reading characters, in fact. Because they are living fantasy YA… does that make their contemporary fantasy? Or if you lived fantasy, would you still want to read it? I don’t know.)
8. How would they spend their summers (or their holidays)?
I’m not sure. I don’t think she does anything extraordinary. Continues to train with LASER, hangs with Isabella, Gavin, and her other friends, shops at the mall, babysits her nieces and nephews, swims, etc.
9. It’s Saturday at noon. What is your character doing? Give details. Ex. If they’re eating breakfast, what’s on the menu? Are they hiking, shopping, lazing around?
I feel like I just answered this question. Refer to the last question.
10. Is there anything your character wants to be free of?
No… I don’t think so. Yes, I realize this was an informative answer.
And that’s Riley!
But one last thing that this interview did not cover.
Riley is a shipper. Perhaps to the extreme. Best friend and the new guy look cute together… Wheels turn and next thing you know, she’s dropping hints and coming up with a ship name.