Welcome to part two of 50 facts about me. Due to the long hiatus, age of this blog, and new followers, I decided to start off my return to the blogosphere with an introduction. You can find Part 1 here.
Here we go!
26. I am picky about music. You almost have to trick me into listening to new music, in fact. But, at the same time, there are very few music styles I don’t like at all.
27. I love musicals. My current favorite is Hamilton, but I also love classics like The Sound of Music, Les Miserables, and several Disney movies.
28. There are very few music artists I like and will listen to a lot of. The top three are Peter Hollens, Ed Sheeran, and Lin Manuel Miranda.
29. In a similar vein, there are lots of authors I love as people but don’t want to read their books… if that makes sense.
30. I am the oldest of eight kids, seven girls and one boy.
31. One of my sisters is married.
32. I have never had a boyfriend.
33. Except the fictional ones.
34. I love coffee. My favorite coffee drinks are sweet and iced.
35. I am picky about tea. I only like black tea, hot or iced, with sugar and maybe milk.
36. I’m a night owl. I like being up in the morning, but I don’t like getting up in the morning.
37. I like riding a bike or walking, as far as exercise goes. Swimming is awesome, but I don’t have a pool. I’d honestly like to take martial arts, at some point.
38. I’m a cat person. Like I like cats, not that I am a cat, obviously…
39. I’m not a cat, I’m clearly a dragon.
40. I like dresses. Why did balls and ball gowns go out of style? Seriously.
41. I’m a Jane Austen fan.
42. I have the tendency to suddenly be “reading” four books at once and then I stress out because of it.
43. I love biographies. If I’m not reading fiction, I’m probably reading a biography or a book on writing (and those are occasionally the same thing).
44. I prefer headphones over ear buds.
45. I love origins. I love learning where words come from, how things are made, what someone’s ancestry looks like, how things got started, etc.
46. I learn best by having some instruction, an example, and then doing.
47. I am running out of facts.
48. My favorite fruits are pears, mangoes, and plums. Apples and bananas are also lovely.
49. I was born in Georgia.
50. I am trying to start a YouTube channel. Right now, it’s just vlogs but I’d like to branch out into other things, if I can figure out how to do that.
And that’s 50! Tell me some awesome things about yourself in the comments! Thoughts on music? What kind of exercise do you like? Why did ballgowns and balls go out of style?