It’s Inquisitive Wednesday!
And it’s actually Wednesday!
So, the fabulous and all-around awesome Cait
also one of the only two people I will happily let rule the world instead of me has a new blog! She blogs about books and her new puppy (HE’S SO FLUFFY!) and a bunch of other stuff, too.
In celebration of her new blog, she is having a blog party. And like most lovely blog parties, she has created a tag all about… BLOGGING.
Let’s get to it!
1. Why did you start blogging?
It’s sounds wrong to answer “because everyone else was doing it”. (That reason is only partially true.) I started blogging because I thought it would be fun. And it very much is fun! I started blogging because I have stuff I want to talk about.
It’s a beautiful day in the blogosphere…
2. What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
Well, when I was getting ready to start blogging, I had to think of a name. I originally wanted “Writing Apprentice”, like the Hemingway quote. But it sounded kind of like I might not know what I was talking about. So, following a friend’s advice, I started thinking of names that didn’t describe me. I settled on Spiral-Bound, because one of my favorite writing supplies are spiral-bound notebooks.
3. How many designs have you been through since you started blogging? (Pictures! We demand pictures!)
One. You don’t need pictures, just look around.
4. Have you ever switched blog platforms? What made you move? If you haven’t ever changed…why?
Nope. …Because I’ve only been blogging for six months. And I’m pretty happy with WordPress.
5. How long does it take you to write a post? What’s your postly process like?
Depends on the post. Some posts take 30-60 minutes, some take longer or shorter. My process… have idea, write it down, press publish, fix typos.
6. Have you ever been super nervous about a post? Why?! What was it?
Gracious, yes. And those are the ones I don’t publish. They are usually about something very personal and I’ve written them because I was upset. (I write as catharsis– I just proved it.)
7. Do you have a blogging schedule?
I try to blog three times a week– Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. But it’s not set in stone.
8. Do you tell people In-Real-Life about your blog? Their reactions?
What people? I mean, Mom and my hobbits know but beyond that… I am very introverted and don’t like to try to start conversations. If we were already talking about something and I could tell people about it, then I probably would.
9. Top ten blogs you read/comment on the most! Go! Go!
(In no particular order and there are plenty more besides…)
1.This Page Intentionally Left Blank, 2. Lily’s Notes in the Margins, 3.The Storymonger, 4. However Improbable, 5.Occasional Randomness, 6.The Totally Insane Writer, 7.Go Teen Writers, 8.YAvengers, 9.Paper Fury, and 10.Knitted by God’s Plan.
10. If you could change/improve things about your blog, what would they be?
Um… I lost the ability to add gifs. Can I have that back? PLEASE!?
Anyway! Thanks for a fun tag, Cait!
I have to go. Stuff to do. Grandma’s going to be here tomorrow! (I’ll come back and add in the links to those 10 blogs later.)