It’s Inquisitive Wednesday!
Yes, I realize it’s actually Monday…
And there are too many fun tags! (I’ll try to do the one you nominated me for soon, Erin!)
Monday, I’m doing a tag about Christmas made by Kathryn@ Hidden Orchards. Thanks for such a fun tag!
1. What’s your favorite part about Christmas?
I’m going to say that my favorite part of Christmas is what is real Christmas spirit– when you are just happy and cheerful just for the reason that it’s Christmas. And hopefully, at least some of that joy comes because of the real reason for Christmas, celebrating the birth of the Savior.
2. Does your family have any special Christmas traditions? If so, which is your favorite?
We do have a few traditions. Decorating the tree may possibly be my favorite. While I don’t do much of the actual decorating, I enjoy pulling out ornament, putting hooks on them, and then handing them to a hobbit to put on the tree. And we have snacks while we decorate, specifically summer sausage, cheese, and crackers (I can’t help thinking this sounds kind of German. Does this sound German to you guys?)
3. Everyone knows that music is best part of Christmas. What’s your favorite Christmas carol?
I don’t know. I love so many… O Come, O Come Emmanuel is lovely. So is Do You Hear What I Hear. And The Little Drummer Boy.
I’m not actually sure that one is sacred…
4. What’s your favorite Christmas song (i.e. non-sacred carol)?
Um… Grandma Got Ran Over By a Reindeer is fun.
What does it say about me that that’s the first one I named? I love Carol of the Bells, too.
5. What’s your favorite Christmas story or novel?
Besides the actual Christmas story (Christ’s birth), I’m going to have to say The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson. It’s an MG novel about four troublesome siblings who get into the church Christmas pageant with the lead roles.
6. What’s your favorite Christmas cookie?
Oh… I love spritz cookies, but I also like jam thumbprints, and chocolate snowballs. Oh! And gingercookies!
7. Do you shop at Christmastime? Where’s your favorite place to do Christmas shopping?
I don’t usually shop at all much less at Christmas. But I love going to the mall around Christmas, with everything decorated.
8. What’s your favorite Christmas treat?
Peppermint Bark. Which may be just because I can’t have it anymore at home because of a hobbit’s mint allergy. Mint M&M’s are lovely, too…
Okay, non-mintness would be dark chocolate. Just the little Hershey’s bars I get in my stocking, nothing fancy.
9. Do you watch Christmas movies? What’s your favorite one?
I seems like I already answered this question in one of my last posts, but I’ll answer it again. Yes, I watch Christmas movies and it’s one of my favorite Christmas things to do. My favorite… How The Grinch Stole Christmas, both the animated and non-animated ones.
10. We all know how much fun setting up the Christmas tree can be. Of course, there are always those ornaments that you made in first grade that you would rather forget but they go on the tree anyway. Do you have a favorite ornament? What’s the story behind it?
A favorite ornament… well, there was my First Christmas Ornament, but it broke. It was a wooden rocking-horse painted mostly red. But my other favorite ornament is actually a set of ornaments with each of the Twelve Days of Christmas things on them. We only have a few of them left, unfortunately.
And that’s it! I want to hear about your Christmases in the comments! DFTBA!