I can’t think of something to post. So…
I’m going to kidnap a free Liebster Award. Most bloggers are sick and tired of this award in particular (in my observations), so they say “If you read this and want to do it, go ahead”, instead of awarding other bloggers. I figured that since I’m a new blogger and not everyone knows me well, The Liebster would give me a chance to tell you guys a little about myself beyond the “About” page.
(I borrowed this Liebster from Lily J, who is a dear friend and has a lovely blog. Thank you, Lily… even though you don’t know I’m doing this yet.)
Here are the rules:
Thank and link back to the person who nominated you. (See above.)
List 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
Nominate 9 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers.
Ask them 11 questions.
Let them know about the nomination.
1. I am the oldest of 8.
2. 7 of us are girls.
3. I am slightly disappointed that I can no longer say “I am the commenter known as Robyn Hoode”. But the blog is better than that, so I’m not too disappointed.
4. I just need to think of a new ominous way to introduce myself.
5. I mowed grass today.
6. I also tried Lemon Oreos today. Those could become dangerous to my waistline.
7. My favorite colors are the two shades of blue that are on my blog.
8. I want a dragon, but they don’t sell them in pet stores.
9. If you hear me talk about a cat named Tempest, I would like you to know that he is imaginary. I do not own a black cat that can talk and type.
10. Tempest is a “recycled” character from a book I wrote several years ago.
11. I like kitties. (That may have been obvious.)
Onto the questions!
1. Favorite drink? Favorite soft drink? Coffee. Or Crystal Light Lemon Tea. Favorite soft drink is orange soda.
3. What are some of your favorite YouTube Channels? Vlogbrothers, Blimey Cow, and charlieisocoollike.
4. If you could resurrect one fictional character, (who died in the novel) who would it be? Oh, man. This is a fairly easy question. Spoilers, so highlight only if you’ve read the first Mistborn book by Brandon Sanderson. Kelsier! Oh my goodness, I cried for an entire day because he died!
5. Favorite ice cream flavor/ concoction? (Cone, milkshake, ice cream cake, ect.) I love Heath ice cream. And DQ ice cream cake.
6. If you could instantly master one hobby besides blogging and writing, what would it be? Besides writing? It’s a toss up between fencing, archery, or music (playing music).
7. How do you like your eggs cooked? Fried on an English muffin with lots of butter and American cheese all melted together into one delicious and heavenly sandwich. (My mouth is watering, now…)
8. What is one crazy thing you’d one day like to do? Depends on your definition of crazy. I’m going to assume you mean far-fetched. I want to be on a panel at a writing conference with my closest writing friends one day. And I’d like to meet Brandon Sanderson. (Okay, that was two.)
9. What fandoms are you a member of? Oh, gracious. I am a proud Tolkienite, Sherlockian, Whovian, Trekkie, and a bit of a Nerdfighter. I’m also a Mistborn and whatever you call a Les-Mis fan. Surely to goodness, that’s enough for now, yes?
11. What writing projects are you currently working on? I’m working on my new book, Shifting Sands. Not ready to talk about it yet. (There is a word-count meter in the footer of the blog, by the way.)
And now it is time to announce the
Tributes bloggers who are nominated to do this award…
You know what? I’m feeling
lazy merciful tonight.
If you want this award, you may have it. Use the questions I answered (which were originally written by Sarah Faulkner, by the way) or you may substitute a few of them with “What is your middle name and do you like or dislike it”, “What are your thoughts on pineapples”, or “Which famous author (living or dead) would you want to give feedback on your books”.